Sunday, July 22, 2012

Frances Kellor Interrupted

The new edition of Founding Mother has been published.  The last blog post, simply relayed the new introduction.  As book introductions went, it rocked the house.  As a blog post, it ran a bit long. And, due to my occupied by publishing, it stayed up for months.  For all of those who were considering becoming regular readers, I apologize.  I am back.  Now if you want the new introduction, just buy the new version of Founding Mother.  The blog is back.

In the interim, I have also published another book, Capsule: A Search for Identity in Modern Japan.  This project also kept me from writing Kellor blog posts.  And, as this blog provides my main word-based source of expression, I will introduce those interested in Kellor to capsule at a later date, on this blog.  Suffice it to now say, that both Kellor and Capsule converge in the theme of my publishing company, Social Books; the attempt to understand what holds society together.

Today, I launched another phase of my Kellor promotion campaign.  I began bringing Kellor and my other books to the streets of New York.  I set up a table and chair and offered such information to the Columbia University community.  I sold zero books in my hour and a half selling.  But, I met some very interesting people.  I have always been attracted to the extravagant, eccentric folks in the world.  And, if nothing else, selling Founding Mother on the street seems to introduce one to eccentrics.

No comments:

Post a Comment